Why We Have Unanswered Prayer
Have you prayed seriously prayed about a matter and have received no answer?
How can good, faithful, spiritually clean, Christians with good motives still have unanswered prayer?
When I am doing everything right and still having unanswered prayer, I ask myself, “Is God the reason my prayer is unanswered?” Let me explain.
There are several possible reasons for unanswered prayer that revolve around God.
1. God is Sovereign. He does not need to explain Himself to me.
2. God’s ways are not my ways. I don’t always understand why God does or does not do certain things.
My dog cannot comprehend why I do some of the things I do. He does not understand why I don’t always do the things he wants me to do. In his mind, I primarily exist to feed him, play with him, take him for rides in the car, and walk him. He cannot understand why I don’t feed him, walk him, take him for rides in the car, and play with him more often.
But I am the man. He the dog. I don’t have to explain my activities to him. Even if I could, there are some things, he wouldn’t understand.
God’s ways are not my ways. I don’t always understand why God does or does not do certain things. I am ok with that. I could not fully worship a God I can fully understand.
3. God is eternal and patient. He does not work according to my timetable.
Maybe we are asking for the right thing, but God knows that giving it to us now would be the wrong time. We need to be patient and trust His timing.
4. God does not always give us the little thing we want now because it might hinder the much bigger, better thing that He wants to give us later.
5. God is wise. He has a better plan.
Maybe the Lord is not answering because He is waiting until the timing is right to give us the best possible answer.
6. God is more concerned about my godliness than my happiness.
It is not uncommon to be doing everything right and still have unanswered prayer. It is important that when you are facing unanswered prayer that you do not get discouraged and give up. Keep praying, keep seeking, keep asking. God will answer when He wants, how He wants and as He wants. Trust Him.